Southern Hancock has formally announced its plans for returning to school for the 2020-21 school year.
The district's 26-page blueprint for reentry is available at this link.
The blueprint contains detailed plans for the following items:
- Information, guidelines, and curriculum for the new virtual school program offered for 2020-21.
- Additional precautions in our buildings to practice social distancing whenever possible.
- Protocols for school or corporation closures due to COVID-19.
- Protocols in our hallways, classrooms, cafeterias, and clinics to keep students safe and healthy while at school.
- Guidelines on masks and/or face coverings while at school.
- Changes to school start times, car rider line procedures, and visitor protocols designed to keep students safe.
District administrators created this video to explain some of these changes and the reasoning behind them:
Administrators will be available on the district's Facebook page on Wednesday, July 1, at 11 a.m. to answer questions about the blueprint. Please submit all questions to Community Relations Director Wes Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.